Monday, July 13, 2015

‘How my father beat me with barbed wire because of mum’ - Kafayat

Image result for How my father beat me with barbed wire because of mom

Operatives of Vigilante Group of Nigeria, VGN, Ebutte Metta chapter, have rescued a 12-year-old girl (names withheld), who was battered by her father in Lagos.
It was gathered that the victim was found in....
critical condition at Oyingbo market, Ebute- Metta, following beatings she allegedly received from her father.

A close family source said: “The victim, a Junior Secondary School, JSS, 1 student with the Canal Secondary School, Orile, Lagos State, would have died from the wound she sustained after her father flogged her with barbed wire, but for the intervention of vigilante members, who found her writhing in pains in the dead of the night.”

It was learned that Kafayat was rushed to Star Clinic, Ebutte-Metta, where she is receiving treatment from the wound she sustained all over her body.

Narrating her ordeal, KAfayat said “My father accused my mother of using his hard-earned money to play lotto game and he descended on her with anything he could lay his hands on. My father alleged that my mother loves patronising lotto game and he beat her up mercilessly and broke her knees.

“Despite my mother’s cry for help, none of our neighbours came to her rescue because they are afraid of my father. When I could not bear the beating anymore, I begged my father to stop. He became furious and pounced on me, using a barbed wire to flog me.

Culled - Vanguard

Sad!

Share your thoughts....thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment