Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You Must Read This: How i got cancer of the neck from shaving in barbing saloon – Ajayi Babatunde

Ajayi Babatunde
Ajayi Babatunde hails from Osun State and is in dire need of a lifeline. The 32-year-old, who claims that till date, he is still on the payroll of the Nigerian Ports Plc., is gradually dying of cancer of the neck.
The young man said he was exposed to the cancerous growth through shaving in a barbing salon. He recalled that the growth first started like a pimple at the back of his head, just by the back of the neck.  He narrated that the cancer later started
growing like an external lump. “Then I went for an operation to get rid of it. That was in 1999 at the surgery at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan. After a while, the lump grew again and I went for a second surgery in 2000. This time, at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). 
After undergoing the second operation, the growth grew the third time for which he underwent the third surgery at Ilesha in Osun State. But even the third surgery did not bring lasting solution to his plight. “After sometime, the cancer grew the fourth time. In all, I have had four operations without success. The third and fourth operations were at Adelere and Westley Hospitals. They’re both private”, he narrated.

Ajayi is not only crying out over the burden of pain he has been living with in the 14 years he was afflicted by the ailment. he has also, been over-burdened by the cost of treatment and surgeries. He puts the cost of each of the four surgeries at between “N80, 000.00 to N300, 00.00. But in all, I can’t really recollect because I’ve spent a lot of money. Even my father, who died last two years, spent all his savings trying to get this burden off my shoulders”
On his ordeal,he said, “I’m suffering. I can’t sleep at night. I feel pains, itches, biting, scratching. I can’t sleep. I swear to God. I can’t sleep. I can’t do anything because the pains won’t let me get focused. The pain is terrible. It’s killing me. I’m dying I swear. It’s sending me to the grave. I don’t really know the kind of words to use to describe it.
“I was referred to Eko Hospital from a Teaching hospital, to confirm if they have a radiotherapy machine because the doctors said that unless it is treated with the aid of a radiotherapy machine, it will keep re-growing. Later, Dr. Fadeyi referred me to India. 

He also spoke on the assistance he has so far received from charitable organizations,” they’ve rendered some assistance. It’s not up to my expectation. It is nothing near what I need.  Though they have tried. But I believe that if they wish, it is possible for them to see me through my treatment. Some other organizations have helped. I have not been going to work because I’ve been asked to go and treat this sickness. 
It now drips water and emits offensive odour”.  “I’m dying of pains. This pain is drawing me to the grave. That is why I call on fellow Nigerians to see if they can help me”.  The surgery and every other expenses involved has been put at a little close to N3, 000,000.00 (three million naira). 

The hospital has said they will provide me with the visa to come. So once Nigerians can assist me with this amount, I will go for the surgery. Please  not you may wish to  reach Ajayi on telephone No. 07062749421 or through Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) A/c No. 204191871590

Link: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/i-got-cancer-neck-shaving-barbing-saloon-%E2%80%93patient

*******************************************************************************

Please we appeal to kindhearted Nigerians to reach and support Ajayi. It could be any one of us, please anything given to support Ajayi will be appreciate.

/Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment