Thursday, May 8, 2014

How My Only Child Died In Nyanya Bomb Blast – Grace Omokore

Nyanya Abuja bomb blast

It was an atmosphere of tears and agony yesterday in Abuja, when the Nigerian Women in Clergy (NWIC) organised an interactive meeting with some victims of the first and second Nyanya bomb blasts, that claimed the lives of many and injured countless numbers of people.
One of the victims, Mrs Grace Omokore, who lost her only child in the blast, narrated how she saw the lifeless body of her child on the ground after the bomb blast, saying he was a young man that just completed his National Youth Service Corps and was going to resume at his new place of appointment.

Continue reading after the cut....

According to Omokore, a woman in her early 50s, who could not hold back her tears as it freely flowed from her eyes when she narrated her ordeal, it was on 14th April, when her son who had finished his service in February this year, told her that he got a temporary job, and he needed to resume that Monday morning.
“The name of my son was Joel Olukayode; he was 29 years old; he finished from Federal University of Technology, Minna, from the Department of Chemical Engineering and served with FCDA. He was in high spirits that morning when he woke up and told me that he was going to resume work that day.
“We had our morning prayers and I advised him that Mondays are usually very busy days in Nyanya, that it would be better if he left early. He obeyed; he ate and as he was leaving, I prayed for him.
“It was not up to 10 minutes after he left that I heard the sound of the blast; I ran out, with the thought that I would meet him; unfortunately, by the time I got to the scene of the blast, I saw his lifeless body on the ground. But what I am thanking God for is that he died in Christ. He was the only child I had. God is the only one that knows everything; He knows why this had to happen,” she said.
____________________________________________________________________________________

...this is very devastating! Sad!

Drop a comment...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment