Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fayemi’s Aide, Deji Adesokan (Jaruu) Brutalises 62 Year Old Justice Olatawura’s Widow

Mrs. Modupe Olatawura, widow of the late Justice of the Supreme Court, Justice Olajide Olatawura, was on Friday assaulted and brutalised by Special Assistant to the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi on Internal Security, Mr. Deji Adesokan, popularly known as Jaruu.
This came exactly one week after
Adesokan allegedly led armed policemen to the homes of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Ado-Ekiti Business Unit’s Makerting Manager, Mr Julius Ige and Public Relations Manager, Mr Ilori Kayode Brown and unleashed mayhem on them because PHCN disconnected power supply to the Government House over a debt of N15 million.
Narrating her ordeal to our reporter, Mrs Olatawura, who is over 60 years said she drove out from the State High Court, Ado-Ekiti at about 3pm on Friday when two men of the Ekiti State Traffic Management Agency (EKSTMA) suddenly jumped in front of the vehicle.
Mrs Olatawura, who is also the step mother to former Governor, Chief Segun Oni’s lawyer, Lekan Olatawura said; “I first asked my son, Ayo, who was driving if we had disobeyed traffic light and he said no. One of the EKSTMA officials then said we had committed an offense by carrying mattress on the vehicle and I told him that the vehicle, a Nissan Villager has a carrier. The other officer now checked and found that the vehicle did have a carrier and he said they didn’t know before stopping the vehicle. I then counseled them to always take precautions and do their jobs reasonably.
“Suddenly, the one who jumped in front of the vehicle started insulting me, saying I insinuated that he was not well-behaved. My son got angry and argument ensued between them after which the EKSTMA officer slapped my son.
“By that time, people had gathered and that was when the man I was later told was Jaruu came. He asked ‘who’s the person they said was beating a government official?’
Before I could say anything, he slapped me and threw away my glasses.
“I and my son was severally assaulted and in spite of the intervention of notable people, including the Secretary of the State Judicial Service Commission, Mr. Olusegun Ajaja who came to the scene, one Mr. Charles Fasuba, whom I was the EKSTMA General Manager also came and insisted that my vehicle be impounded.
“Funny enough too, when my son went to report at the police station, he was ignored.”

-Pointblamk news

No comments:

Post a Comment