Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Help! Nigerians please Save me i am dying..

...Godwin

My health is deteriorating, don't let me die. I AM
Godwin Chukwuemeka Uwaegbulam, a Nigerian. I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (Cancer of the Lymph nodes) in January 2009. I was diagnosed at stage IVB. I have been battling with this disease till date. In February 2009, I started treatment in India, undergoing   multiple Chemotherapy treatments over a one year period. In April 2010, I underwent an autologous stem cell transplant.


“My health deteriorated for some months after that until about 2 months ago, I started having terrible cancer pains and various symptoms indicating disease progression. I was asked by my doctors to run certain investigations, including a PET/CT scan, which is not available in Nigeria. I arrived in India Wednesday, January 18, 2012. Results of all scans, blood tests, and investigations show the disease is in a really bad state and something needs to be done urgently in the next couple of weeks.”

Doctor’s Recommendation:

“A new drug has been discovered in the United States for Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and the US FDA has given it an accelerated approval on August 11, 2011. The last time any drug was approved for this disease was over 30 years ago.
“The drug is called Adcetris (brentuximab vedotin) or SGN-35. The drug is Immunotherapy and is non-toxic like its previous counterparts. It doesn’t destroy other cells of the body like chemotherapy does, but specifically targets Hodgkin’s lymphoma cells which have a CD30+ marker on them.

“So many patients have achieved complete remission with this drug during trials.
Fortunately, the drug can be shipped to India through a single Named Patient Programme and my medical oncologist, Dr. Rakesh Choppra is willing to administer it to me. However, it is very expensive being a new drug.

“My correspondence with the manufacturers and supplying pharmacies show it is an average of $20,000 per dose. The US FDA recommends 16 cycles/doses. One dose is taken every 3 weeks through intravenous infusion for 30 minutes as an outpatient basis. This brings total amount needed over 16 months to $352,000 which includes cost of administration and other supportive drugs roughly estimated (Please see page 3 for table of cost breakdown).

“Over the years, while battling with this disease, my funds have been depleted. I have had to sell valuable items to meet up with the huge costs. My family, as well as friends and well-meaning individuals have also spent a great deal and sacrificed a lot to support me. As the sickness persisted, I could no longer work and had to quit my Job as a banker due to health reasons. Right now, I am unable to receive this much-needed treatment with this drug because I do not have the money to pay for the expenses.

“ Therefore, I am desperately and solemnly knocking on the hearts of kind individuals, organizations, etc, who are willing to help save my life by contributing financially or sponsoring my treatments.  Your financial support would mean a lot in saving my life and I will be forever grateful.”

E-mail: gee_win@yahoo.com
Indian Phone Contact: +918588007635
Medical Oncologist-Dr. Rakesh Choppra’s mobile: +919810034598
Surgical Oncologist-Dr. Feroz Pasha’s mobile: +919811284212
Bank:Guaranty Trust Bank
Account name:Godwin .C. Clement
Account Number:0025611947    
NB: All medical reports, records, and proof of any information in this letter are available on request.

Source(http://www.ngrguardiannews.com)


Note; Please UsaveOne always encourage our readers to verify the contact and the account details before making out payments. We do not receive any money on behalf of any individual or organization. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Venba. Your comment is really appreciated. I believe we all have work to do by creating awareness, reaching out to people in pain and try to see how we can put a smile on their faces once again. One love..*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Venba i think you are right, @usaveone is really doing a good job for creating such awareness to save these sick ones. God bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete