Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wahala: Husband asks wife to drop name for refusing sex

A 44-year-old man, Israel Owoyomi, on Monday told an Oshodi Grade ‘B’ Customary Court, Lagos that he ordered his wife, Toyin,  to stop bearing his name because of her  refusal to have sex with him.
Toyin had filed for a divorce on the grounds that her husband was an infidel and that he
asked her to stop bearing his name.
Reacting to the allegation, Israel said he made the decision after being denied sex for months.
He said, “In 2008, my wife started denying me sex. She did that for several months.  I petted her and sought to know why she decided to do that after over 11 years in marriage.
“When she wouldn’t tell me, I turned my back on her and ordered her to stop bearing my name until she explains the reason behind her action.
“Unfortunately, after a year, her parents confronted me that she accused me of using rituals to have sex with her.”

Refuting the money-making ritual allegation, Israel said, “How could I be so desperate and callous to use her for money rituals. Besides, I have never been fetish all my life and I wonder where she got that information from.
“When I was in the university, I fought against cultism as a students’ leader, I can’t suddenly change and become a cult member overnight.
“Besides, between 2008 when she accused me of planning to use her for ritual and August 2011 before she left my house, why have I not successfully used her for the ritual?”
Israel said since then, Toyin had been going about town and telling everybody that cares to listen that he had wanted to use her for rituals.
The acting Court President, Mrs. R.I. Adetola, said the disagreement between the couple could be settled.
Adetola said, “This court is not a court that destroys marriages. I am convinced that by now, each party should have realised their mistakes in this matter. I urge you to sheath your swords, reconcile and be best of friends.”
However, Toyin said though she had forgiven her husband, she was no longer interested in the marriage.
She said, “I have forgiven Israel but I can’t continue with the marriage. If I had known 10 per cent of what I now know about him then, I wouldn’t have been married to him.”
The case has been adjourned till July 23 for further hearing.

.....Drop a comment...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment