Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A-b-a-n-d-o-n-e-d!! IBB, friends have abandoned me, I need help – Omoruyi

 >I have been used and dumped, especially by Babangida. 
 >Appealed to President Goodluck Jonathan his aid.
>There is vindictiveness in the land.
 

Former Director General, Centre for Democratic Studies, Prof. Omo Omoruyi, was on Monday 

flown abroad following his deteriorating health.
But in a parting shot, the political scientist lamented that former military dictator, General Ibrahim Babangida, who appointed him as CDS DG, and some of his friends had abandoned him to his fate.
Omoruyi was first diagnosed with cancer in 2007, but his condition improved after receiving treatment in the United States.
Speaking in Benin City, Edo State, before travelling to the US, he appealed to President Goodluck Jonathan and other Nigerians to come to his aid.
Omoruyi said, “I have been used and dumped, especially by Babangida. Some politicians who don’t like me were also preventing the President from giving me  assistance, after I sent a message about my health predicament to him.
“My cancer is back and I don’t know how it will end. Governor Adams Oshiomhole has graciously come to my aid again. He is the one making it possible for me to commence my second journey.
“In my book, My journey Back To Life, that is journey number one. It will appear I am starting a second journey, and how this second journey will end, I don’t know. I am going to hospital in the United States to commence a new treatment plan and that treatment plan, how it will end, I do not know.
“In the book, I said in the life of a cancer survivor, there are two fears. Fear number one is the fear of a recurrence, that the cancer could come back. Fear number two is that one could die.
“IBB abandoned me. I let him know about the first journey. He did not help me, not even one kobo so I cannot go to him for this second journey. In the first journey I did not hear from him.  I sent him a text message that I am going back to the  hospital. I have also alerted some of my good people.
“I am going back to the hospital. President  Goodluck Jonathan should help me. I cried to him through Chief Edwin Clark. There is vindictiveness in the land. I have paid my dues in this country and the country is unfair to me. What did I not do?”

-Punch

Mmmmmmm! Goshh this one pass me oo! 
I wish you a successful journey or treatment in the US.

Share your thoughts...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment