Thursday, April 24, 2014

Violence: My Husband Beats Me Before Sex, Woman Tells


A middle-aged housewife, Shakirat, has asked a Mapo Customary Court, Ibadan , Oyo State to dissolve the marriage between her and Rasheed Olanrewaju over his alleged habit of beating her each time he wants to have sexual intercourse with her.
She told the court that it had become a ritual that he beats her before sex.  “Anytime I don’t allow him to have sex with me, he has made it a routine to....
beat me  thoroughly. In fact, I currently have many scars on my body due to the series of torture on me.
“Just three weeks ago, he beat me late at night and it took God’s special grace for me to be alive. I can’t stand for long as I used to do before due to the wounds he inflicted on me,” she recounted.
In his defence, Olanrewaju argued that his wife had become insolent and returned home anytime she felt like.
“The last time that I truly beat her, Shakirat bit my manhood and I couldn’t bear it. It is true that I beat her occasionally, but I still love her,” he emphasised.
The presiding judge, Chief Henry Agbaje, however, asked  the couple to go and explore reconciliation as he had observed that there was still some love between the duo.

Share your thoughts...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment