Sunday, October 25, 2015

Only justice will pacify me over my wife’s death killed by policeman, Corporal Musiliu Arem – Evangelist Godwin Udoh

Image result for Com­fort Idongesit Udoh
Late Mrs. Com­fort Idongesit Udoh
Evangelist Godwin Udoh, widower of Mrs. Com­fort Idongesit Udoh who was killed by a trig­ger-happy policeman on Septem­ber 16 at Ijegun, Isheri-Osun area of Lagos has said that he would only be pacified over the gruesome murder of his dear wife when those responsible for her death are brought to justice.
Udoh and his family were return­ing from a vigil in his tricycle when they were.....
flagged down by stop-and-search policemen who allegedly demanded for money from them. He was said to have pleaded that he had no money on him as he was not oper­ating on commercial basis.
Irked by his non-compliance, one of the policemen, who was later iden­tified as Corporal Musiliu Aremu, allegedly opened fire on the tricy­cle which by then had moved few metres away from the checkpoint, killing his wife who was carrying their 11-month-old baby and injuring Udoh on his shoulder and jaw.

The 45 year-old Evangelist Godwin Udoh said he was still in pain over the death of his wife whom he described as a supportive and car­ing woman.
The father of four added that no amount of compensation would be able to fill the vacuum caused by the demise of his wife.
“I need justice, my life is shattered. Who will take care of my little child? My wife has been so supportive and caring. She was the joy of my life. She was my companion, my friend and the mother of my children.
“There is no amount of compen­sation that will replace my wife. The scar on my shoulder and jaw will always remain there. I need justice, I need justice. Oh! I love my wife. It is only justice that will pacify my heart for the gruesome way my joy was stolen from me,” he lamented.


Share your thoughts....thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment