Wednesday, October 28, 2015

PHOTO: I killed our rival to avenge my brother’s death — Eiye cultist Morufu Liadi

Image result for I killed our rival to avenge my brother’s death —Suspected cultist

Arrested alongside the 22-year-old suspect was his alleged accomplice.

The deceased, a commercial motorcyclist, identified as  Sura Abiola Lateef,  was reportedly attacked along with his friend, when they stepped out to buy sachet water.

While his friend, identified as Rilwan, was said to have managed to.....
escape with a deep cut in the neck,  same could not be said of Lateef, who was  stabbed in different parts of his body and abandoned in the pool of his blood and he bled to death.

Briefing newsmen on activities of cultists in the state, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai  Owoseni, said the command had launched a manhunt for cultists, disclosing that over 20 suspected cultists had been arrested between October 18 and 21, 2015.

Among them were 22-year-old Morufu Liadi and Rilwan Balogun who confessed to have had a hand in the late commercial motorcyclist’s death.

According to Vanguard, Liadi who showed no sign of remorse, said the killing of late Lateef was to avenge the death of his elder  brother.

He said: “I am a vulcanizer. I  was forced to join the  Eiye confraternity last year in order to avenge the death of my brother who was murdered by cultists seven years ago. I waited until last year to join because by then, I was only 15 years old and I was told that I was too young to join a cult.

“ Last Sunday,  I was invited to a birthday bash at  Agbekolade Street, Mushin, where members of Aye were in attendance. While there, my friend (pointing to Balogun who sat by his side) showed me a young man named Lateef, who he said was among those that murdered my elder brother, Azeez, seven years ago. He said Lateef was one of Aye’s hit men.

“Immediately I got up to challenge him (Lateef ) and to my surprise, the person with him brought out a gun. He fired some shots at me but none penetrated. At that moment, they both took to their heels. But  Lateef fell and I used that opportunity to  stab him on any part of the body I could lay my hands on. I did that to avenge the death of my brother .“

On his part, Balogun, a Junior Secondary  School 3  drop out, claimed he was not a cultist. Although he admitted to have pointed the deceased to Liadi, he  said he did not witness the murder.

The suspects, according to the command boss, will be charged to court thereafter.

Culled - Vanguard

Share your thoughts....thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment