Thursday, March 17, 2016

PHOTO: 15-year-old Rita Clement Abducted By Unidentified Persons In Lagos While Going For UTME


The family members of a 15-year-old girl, Rita Clement, say they have not known peace of mind since Thursday when she was abducted by unidentified persons while on her way to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos State.

It was learnt that Clement, who lived with her relatives on Gboyega Kilo Street in the Ojodu Berger area, and had UTME registration number 65061660GJ, was to sit for  the exam at 6.30am on that day.

According to Punch, correspondent who obtained Clement’s examination printout, gathered that the examination centre was the......
West African Examination Council, International office on Plot B, Lateef Jakande Road, Agidingbi, Lagos.

It was learnt that the teenager, who sat for her Senior Secondary Certificate Examination last year, had left home around 5.30am for Agidingbi.

At about 5pm, Clement sent a text message to her mother’s mobile phone, raising the alarm that she had been abducted and she did not know the location where she was taken to.

The matter was said to have been reported at the Ojodu Police Division on Friday and had been transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja.

In the text message which Clement’s uncle, Emeka Orazulike, showed the teenager wrote that the abductors had seized her phone since morning and she only managed to write a text through someone’s assistance.

She wrote:
 “Mummy, they took my phone and beat me up inside the bus. Mummy, I don’t know where they took me to. They made me sleep and said they will kill me if I ran. Someone gave me my phone, saying I must return it before they came back. Mummy, please save me, please.”

The uncle, who worked as a pharmacist, said it was through the text message that the family got to know that Clement was not missing, but abducted.

Sad!

Hope she is returned safely to her family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment