Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My husband runs away when rent is due...cries Ada!



A 37-year-old woman a.k.a  Mrs. Ada Amonu, told a
Grade ‘B’ Customary Court sitting in Oshodi, Lagos, on Monday that her estranged husband, Andrew, was in the habit of absconding from home whenever their rent was due.
Ada, a businesswoman, has urged the court to dissolve her 10 years marriage, as her 49-year-old husband Andrew was irresponsible, does not care about his family and resorted to the mischievous act in a calculated attempt to evade rent payments, thereby putting the burden on her.
She said, her husband shies away from his primary responsibilities on the home front. Even when he has money, he spends it all alone on frivolities.
“Whenever the rent of the flat where we reside in Oshodi is due, he will run away from home and return weeks after I might have paid the rent.
“Even at that, he extorts money from me at will. Whenever I am unable to meet his demands, he beats me up and doesn’t stop until I sustain injuries.

“Sometimes in March 2011 when we had a little disagreement, he threw a broken mirror at my head and I sustained injuries. The incident was reported at a police station. I am really tired of this marriage. The beating and assault are just too much for me.”

But Andrew’s lawyer, Mrs. B.C. Ferguson, dismissed Ada’s assertions as false.
Ferguson said Ada was only trying to bite the finger that fed her. The lawyer also accused Ada of instituting a criminal proceeding against Andrew on a petty issue as a result of which he was in prison custody for days.

Culled from (punchng.com)


Share your thoughts...thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Joor madam park well! Women these dayz na so dem de do when they get new guy they will do and formulate anything to make sure that they divorce their man so they could go enjoy. abeg free the man joor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @bali why ur comment too hate on women? Are you a G**? U berra mind ur self dia!

      Delete